2019 is fast approaching, but with little ones at home, staying up until midnight to celebrate may not be feasible. How will you ring in the new year with your kids?
Here are 6 fun ideas for celebrating the New Year with your family!
1. Host your own countdown prior to midnight. Here at the Children’s Museum we will be hosting our annual Countdown to Noon event on Saturday, December 29th. Stop by to celebrate the “Noon Year” with party hats, noisemakers, a bubble wrap stomp, and a balloon drop.
2. Tuck your kids in early with a countdown via Netflix. Beginning on December 26, if you search “countdown” on Netflix, you can find several short videos featuring popular characters that each end in a countdown to 2019. This year’s characters include Alexa & Katie, Beat Bugs, Boss Baby, Fuller House, Spirit, and several others.
3. Make a photo timeline or collage of some great memories from the past year. Print out a collection of photos from the past year and spend some time as a family reminiscing about all of the fun that you had in 2018.
4. Review 2018 and look ahead to 2019 with this Year in Review Printable. Take time to reflect and to make new resolutions for the coming year!
5. Talk with your kids about how you’re going to make the next year AWESOME. Kid President has 25 great ideas about how to make the next year of your life amazing. Check out his video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQOcEDD5hR8
6. Toast to 2019 with homemade hot chocolate! Nix the champagne toast with a kid-friendly, family-fun version. Find recipe and nutrition information here: Kraft Hot Chocolate Recipe
2018 was a huge year for the Children’s Museum with over 74,000 visitors. We’re looking forward to an AWESOME 2019 with all of you. We’ll be celebrating this New Year’s with our Countdown to Noon event on Saturday, December 29th. We are so excited to see you there celebrating with us!